Sunday, August 01, 2010

 

One Step Closer

      This week I spent a lot of time wrapping up the final project for Assessment In E-learning.  I tried to think like a 100% online teacher and not as a teacher in a blended classroom environment where I physically see the kids each day.   This type of thought means I had to be a lot more careful in planning out my unit on the constitution, taking into consideration details I don't worry about when I can verbally explain them to my students.  While technology does allow me to talk verbally to children, the asychronus environment means it might not be at the exact moment  students needs me.   After 34 years of teaching I am used to responding to students immediately.  I want to respond as quickly as I can in the online teaching environment.
       I am looking forward to reading the projects from everyone else in the class.  It will give me ideas on what tools to use online, and how to assess online.   The assessment class is set up so all the members learn from each other, and it is the part of the class I really enjoy.
      This class is my third class in a five class sequence in learning to teach online.  I will take the discussion class in the fall and then do a practicum.   I am one step closer to teaching 100% online.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]